At Northumbrian Fine Foods we know that a company is built on its great products and its reputation and the onething that can not be overlooked to ensure this is our staff. We have around 150 people working out of our site in Gateshead.
Training and development of these staff is very important to us as a company. All factory employees are given Level 2 Food Safety and Health and Safety training as part of their employment. We actively encourage staff training and this is identified through annual appraisal with their Supervisor/Manager.
Northumbrian Fine Foods has had Investor In People recognition since June 2000 with successful post recognition reviews June 2003, May 2006 and May 2009.
In October 2009 Northumbrian Fine Foods signed the government initiative – Skills Pledge. This show’s Northumbrian Fine Foods commitment to actively encourage and support our employees to gain skills and qualifications and work at least to a full Level 2 qualification. Our signed Skills Pledge certificate is proudly hung on the wall in our Reception.
In 2009 alone we completed the following training with our staff;
- 4 employees completed NVQ Level 3 Engineering Maintenance.
- 1 of the above has now progressed to Adult Apprenticeshipin Electro technical Installation
- 1 Electrician has completed his 17th Edition retraining
- 3 Employees completed Business & Administration Apprenticeship
- 1 employee completed Advanced Apprenticeship in Business& Administration
- 9 employees completed Level 3 HACCP for Food Manufacturing
- 3 employees completed NVQ in Warehousing & Distribution
- 16 employees completed Level 2 certificate in Team Leading
- 9 employees currently working toward Level 3 Certificate in Management
- 1 Senior Manager working toward Level 3 qualificationin Environmental Science Skills
- 1 Senior Manager working toward Level 4 qualification in Environmental Science Skills
- 1 Senior Manager working toward Degree in Health & Safety.
- 4 employees to undergo refresher fork lift training
- 12 employees to undergo fork lift training
- 45 employees completed Level 2 Food Safety
- 56 employees completed Level 2 Health & Safety.